Thursday, July 23, 2009

Homemade Easy Bake Oven Mixes - Episode Three

Easy Bake Oven recipes are expensive to buy in the store, over $5 each. You can make your own mixes at home and save a lot of money. Plus you are still learning to cook even when you use your Easy Bake Oven.



This is a recipe I've baked before and it turns out great. It's really awesome how the red sugar crystals magically turn the cake pink! I guess if you're a boy, you could put blue, green or any other color crystals to turn your cake whatever color you'd like. I just may experiment with that myself!



I hope you have fun cooking this recipe! I'm sorry it's in three parts, Mama's memory stick ran out TWICE!



Barbie's Pretty Pink Cake - Easy Bake Oven recipe

5 tablespoons Flour
1/4 teaspoon Baking Powder
1/8 teaspoon Salt
5 teaspoons Red Sugar Crystals
1/4 teaspoon Vanilla
4 teaspoons Vegetable Oil
8 teaspoons Milk (you may need a little more)


Stir together cake flour, baking powder, salt, red sugar,
vanilla, oil and milk until the batter is smooth and pink. Pour
3 Tbsp. of batter into greased and floured cake pan. Bake 15
mins. Repeat for second layer. Makes 2 layers.

Here is Part One of the Cake >>>>>>









Here is Part Two of the Cake >>>>>


(Please check back soon for this video)

Barbie's Sparkling Frosting - Easy Bake Oven recipe

4 teaspoons Vegetable Shortening
2/3 cup Powdered Sugar
1/4 teaspoon Vanilla
1 Tablespoon Milk
4 drops food coloring
Colored sugar crystals for decoration


In a small bowl, mix together shortening, powdered sugar,
vanilla, food coloring and milk until smooth and creamy. Spread 2 tsp. of
frosting on top of 1st layer. Add 2nd layer and continue
frosting. Sprinkle with colored crystal sugars.
Frosts a 2 layer cake.

Here is the Frosting video >>>>>

(Please check back soon for this video)

I found these recipes on this web-site. There are lots of others too, even a pizza recipe!

1 comment:

  1. Bless you for posting this recipe! I really didn't want to spend $9.00 a pack at the store for ingredients that I KNEW I had here in my kitchen.

    I'll be sure to blog about you!
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete

Wanna Share?